Practical Tips for Selling Your Home During Covid-19
While COVID-19 has significantly affected the housing market by swinging it into the seller’s favor, you’ll still need to make your best first impression by having a great listing through a reputable real estate agent. You’ll also find that it helps to offer virtual tours and other options that help buyers feel safe and at ease while making a decision on which home to make an offer on. Below, find out what you’ll want to do to close the deal during a pandemic.
Steps to Take Before Listing
More than ever before, you’ll need to wow buyers with your listing. But before you take any photos, you’ll want to complete these tasks.
- Decide whether to sell your home as-is or make some minor upgrades.
- Small things like updating your curtains or adding lamps can make your home shine.
- If your driveway or patio has seen better days, consider having your concrete repaired.
- Clean from top to bottom. You may want to hire a professional cleaner to help out.
- Look for free ways to stage your home to look its best.
Crafting the Perfect Listing
You’ll want your real estate listing to stand out from the rest in order to make the best impression. These tips can help.
- Work with a Prominus agent to craft the perfect listing.
- Listing photos should be taken by a professional.
- Think about enhancing your listing with a virtual tour.
- Take the time to draft a killer description for your listing.
- Post your listing on social media sites.
What to Expect from Buyers
As a seller, you always have to accommodate buyers to some degree. With the pandemic, you’ll just need to think about different ways to meet buyers’ needs.
- Listings with virtual tours get more clicks and generate more inquiries.
- If you do allow in-person tours, buyers will appreciate having hand sanitizer to use.
- Buyers may expect to close electronically to avoid in-person contact.
Tips for Great Virtual Showings
Given the importance of virtual tours, it helps to come prepared.
- Do a quick decluttering session before a live virtual tour takes place.
- If you do live video tours, know how to act on camera and look your best.
- Remove pets and individuals from your home during the tour.
Tips for In-Person Appointments
If you choose to host live viewings during the selling process and once offers start rolling in, these tips will keep everyone safe.
- Provide disposable masks at your front door as a courtesy to visitors.
- Don’t overlap appointments in order to keep as few people from entering the home at once as possible.
- Politely request a maximum amount of time allowed per appointment.
- Once you accept an offer, request that inspectors and appraisers be the only people who attend these appointments in person.
- Ask that the walk-through be conducted virtually by the buyers’ agent.
Selling your home during a pandemic comes with a whole host of challenges. Many sellers and buyers struggle to adapt to the new norm brought on by the pandemic. Therefore, if you take the time to accommodate buyers’ wishes and anticipate their needs, it will go a long way in helping you stand out from the rest.
Credit to – Dan Hall | https://dadschange.com